Many suffer from insufficient sustained energy to do and achieve everything they would like to. You demand a lot from your body, but are you giving it what it needs to cope with your schedule? Fueling your daily activities so you get the most out of your day is one of my priorities when delivering care to you.
If you are someone who would like to have more energy for sustained time periods then there are some basic actions you can take to achieve this.
- A very important element of sustained energy is what you eat for breakfast. What you eat at the most important meal will determine the rest of your day. If you fail to have protein at breakfast, even a good lunch won’t help you recover enough energy to get through the afternoon, and your energy level will keep flagging. Recommended breakfast includes; eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt.
- Refined carbohydrates such as sugar, breads, pasta, etc. will wear your energy down. Try eating more vegetables and protein as a good diet will certainly help put the bounce back into your step.
- The right vitamin and mineral supplements will help you utilize food correctly and back you up. Taken regularly and as a regimen they will certainly give you more consistent energy levels. Vitamin B is especially vital when you are working long hours or concentrating heavily. If you are not sure what to take, or you don’t feel any difference, you can come in and see me for a nutritional program.
- Exercise, once gain, is a factor. Ever noticed after a good workout or walk that you feel energized and more awake? It may seem counterintuitive, but research shows expending energy by engaging in regular exercise may pay off with increased energy in the long run.
- Pain drains the body and robs you of energy. A chiropractic adjustment will help get communication flowing in your body and relieve unnecessary pain or discomfort. This in turn will make more of your energy available for the activities you would like to invest your energy in.
I look forward to seeing a bounce in your step.